Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

what is it like living alone?

this is a question that i have always thought about. a bit scary i must say. i remember back towards the end of my year long unemployment, i was offered finally offered a job, a management trainee position for an education company. the catch was that i have to work in vietnam for at least two years, and that i have to decide and leave singapore within two weeks. it's a bit strange that they allow people to consider relocating for some time within such a short time frame, but it is a reputable company with businesses across asia.

a big consideration back then was the fact that i have to be apart with my friends and love ones for such a long time, can i do it? of course, this was the deal breaker in the end, but i wouldnt be able to continue my thoughts-out-loud if i leave it at that. of course, another thing i thought about during that weekend afterwhich i have to decide was what will i be doing if i choose to go.

i must say today i kinda lived out what it might have been like. to wake up when i feel like on a rest day, grabbing some simple food for brunch and plop myself in front of the laptop watching a comedy series (HIMYM in today's case). grab my sweater and go catch a movie by myself (skyfall which was pretty good!) and to decide whether i should take the easy way out of eating fast food for dinner or grabbing groceries and cook for myself. i did the latter though i think im getting messier during cooking after a long lapse of not cooking. end the day by washing the dishes, making a cup of camomile tea and plopping in front of my laptop for some more episodes and to blog about my day.

seeing how things turned out since, i wonder if i knew back then, would i stay or would i go? would my life turn out like today as i imagine it to be, or would it be drastically different?

No comments:

Post a Comment