Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

memories of life #1 - letters of the past

so after a long while, i decided to get off my lazy butt and clean up (much needed) my room. i still have christmas presents from 2 years ago still lying around! but as awful as that sound, it isnt really that bad, i just let things pile up.

for much of my life, i am a hoarder - i keep things even though i know very well i probably wont use them ever again but today, after being inspired by the 5S thing going on at work (some process thing that helps to unclutter your workiing place and increase productivity), i decided to get rid of some of these things.

today, i decided to target my pile of letters and presents from the days of st andrew's (both secondary and jc), and it is a lot - two drawers full. i decided to re-read (or in some long letters, scan through) them for the last time before tearing them and disposing of them. letters from my ex, from my crushes, from people who had crushes on me, my angels & mortals, friends whom i have since lost touched, people that could have became my other halfs, and many more.

i must have forgotten, but seeing how so many of these letters came from bedok & tampines, i just cant help but wonder what i was really like back in secondary school. chatting up with girls from a particular school in the east via IRC, meeting up with them at a mall somewhere there too. if i could travel back in time, would i stand there and see how unpurposeful and meaningless my life was? time wasted hanging out at the mall and neglecting my studies, making friends that i have since stopped talking to or keeping contact with.

on the other hand, i cant help but smile at some of the things i read, and how silly (in not a bad way) some of the things were. i dont remember the situations, but from the letters, those people did really try and encourage me in various ways and im sure they worked. so it wasnt all that bad huh?

in any case, all these things led me to where i am today. life may not be perfect, but i know You have a plan for me, and that is all i need to know.


next up.... photos from the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment