Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

it is the thoughts that count?

i'm referring to getting christmas presents for others.. 


the story started really when i did up my christmas gift shopping list, and this time round, i decided to get presents for my colleagues in my department even though there was no plans for any gift exchange. 


turned out that we decided to meet up for dinner tonight, and everyone secretly bought presents for the others too. i have yet to open mine, but it's two books from kinokuniya (judging from the wrapper) which means it cost a bit for most books. suddenly, i felt a little embarrassed that i got them something that probably cost half the price at least of theirs, which is quite silly really, since it was out of good heart that i bought them, and they are presents that i don't mind receiving myself. 


it shows that i do still care about what people think of me, even though my motive was probably right and I just wanted to spread the joy of this season. so, i think i have somewhat managed to convince myself no matter whether people think im cheap or im lousy at buying presents, God knows my motive is good (or so i think), and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment