Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

customer service

currently working closely in customer service, I'm seeing how hard customer service is, especially dealing with unhappy consumers. I keep telling myself that if I find myself in a situation where I had to complain, I'll do it nicely.

so last thursday, I had to make a complaint to Singtel about their ILoveDeal app which is showing wrong information. in short, a customer saw that my company was having a promotion via DBS, and came to dine expecting to use the promotion. however, the truth is that we have no such promotion and the customer had to pay in full. so i wrote in to Singtel trying to find out and today, 2 working days later, a customer service operator called me and in short, he was trying to say that the information was provided by DBS and I should go find out from DBS what is going on. This is by far the most ridiculous thing I ever heard, I could barely contain my anger at such a stupid answer, though I did reply in a calm, but obviously unaccepting of the reason. it's like telling chicken rice stall owner telling me to go contact the raw chicken supplier when I get food poisoning from eating the chicken rice. Isn't it the responsibility of the chicken rice stall owner to ensure the chicken supplies are fresh? Likewise, if Singtel's app choose to display other banks' promotion, isn't it their responsibility to ensure that what their app is showing is correct? Or if they choose to not care about whether the information is correct, their they should indicate in their T&C that "Singtel is not responsible for the accuracy of the information. Basically our app is not reliable, please check with the individual banks".

so the operator tried so hard to get himself out of trouble by saying it is between the two marketing teams, which is fine, cause I don't think the operator has anything to do with this. so i requested for him to connect me to the marketing team, and instead, he asked me to call a hotline instead! like hello? i'm the customer, shouldnt you be getting your marketing team to call me?

i came home very disturbed by the whole episode, so I decided to write a really long feedback to Singtel again, and I cant wait to hear from them really.

(that didnt really took away the... angst in me.. so i decided to write in to breaktalk to complain about something I saw on saturday, and to blog about it.... hahaha.. guess I feel better now.. heh)

No comments:

Post a Comment