Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

greg & james

you know you watched the series way too much when you can guess the medical problems based on the symptoms, like blood in the urine, yellowish eyes, ammonia smell in the breath, etc.

I think im like a few years behind most people, like I remember carol telling me how she was hook to the show even during the university days. back then, having never watched it, I just thought it was something like grey's anatomy.

yes, im talking about House, and it turned out to be nothing like Grey's and strangely addictive. other than the season with the annoying cop, or that rich guy that became chairman of the hospital.

the show is founded on one central theme. everybody lies. but moving beyond that, what I really enjoyed was the unusual friendship between House and Wilson, a friendship that I cannot imagine two real guys having. don't get me wrong, it has their ups and downs, and many times, potential friendship breaker if it happens in real life. but at the end of the day, or after a few episodes for that matter, things get forgiven and forgotten.

as I get older, I realized I don't do very well in maintaining friendships, close ones for that matter. there were times when I thought something genuine was coming, but it always seems to fade away, either by the different path we take that creates a gap too big to bridge, failing to communicate, sudden moments of bad decisions making or what not.

wouldn't it be nice to have what House and Wilson seems to have? someone to share a joke, watch silly things like monster trucks, get advice from, or just to share how wonderful or terrible your day is?

the other day, I had to log into my university email account (which hasn't been accessed in years) to get some login password I created for a job portal. I chance upon a bunch of email chains with two people who potentially was the closest I ever got with anyone, not counting my exes of course. they really did light up my uni life, without whom, im pretty sure I wouldn't have enjoyed university as much as I did. we see each other so often in school and yet, there was still so much to share over email. sadly, we have all chosen our path which sees us in different parts of the world, and I guess I just don't have that much 细心ness to maintain it at that level.

No comments:

Post a Comment