Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 1,2

So here marks my first flight.. And technically the first time I flew on SIA.. The 45 mins from kl when I was p4 doesn't count of course.. Anyway, the a380 was nice and spacious, and I'm quite thankful for it cause the lady beside me totally has no boundaries, kept spilling over to my side.. Like way over.. And she wasn't big size or anything.. But seeing how she seems unwell throughout the flight, I kept quiet about it. The flight itself was uneventful, nice food, can't sleep as usual. 4 movies, 5 episodes of the new girl and the next thing I know, I arrived at London! The journey to Carol's place from the airport took a while, but it was pretty straight forward. Turned out she stays at a nice looking apartment near her workplace.. Today marks my first full solo day.. Waking up at an unearthly hour of 7am, I couldn't go back to sleep! Stupid jet lag.. And my first stressful part during the train ride to Edinburgh.. Holding a railways, I wasn't assigned a seat like most others, and I forgot to ask the information where I was allowed to sit.. So when I board the train, I realised the seats I saw are all reserved.. I started to panick a little, grab all my stuff and went off the train to find a carriage that has empty seats... I finally got one, and then I realised I couldn't find my train ticket!!! Well, after digging for a few minutes and wondering if I left it at a previous carriage, I finally found it in another part of my bag.. Phew! So after today, I realised I can travel alone. It is quite nice not needing discussions over where to go and what to do.. But it is quite scary having to make decisions yourself, like whether you are getting on the right train, going the right place... Think I still prefer travelling with ppl... But there's still time for that preference to change right?

No comments:

Post a Comment