Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

things i learned while travelling alone

its been a week and a half since i got back, and i finally sat down and calculated the cost of my recent 14 day escapade. i may have missed out on certain things, but seems like my expenditure isn't that huge after all, some way below my budgeted amount.

so with such a big expense, what did i learn from it?

i take care of myself much better when im travelling alone that back in singapore:
I actually take special care to watch my diet such as eating vegetables and fruits during meals and drinking enough water. i even came close to buying fruits from the supermarket but in the end, i thought it was easier to just drink fruit juices and smoothies.

i can keep myself entertained
very much like how easily a child can keep himself entertained with little things. all it takes is some imagination, a silly brain, and many interactive displays with levers and buttons. i barely had to take out my book to read, not that i dont like reading.

i do not torture my stomach
i dont eat expensive stuff, but i wont save money by skipping meals.

i enjoyed the freedom
the freedom to decide what time to wake up, what time and what to eat, when to take a break, what to see. no need for endless discussion, or people not being able to make up their minds.

i dont like not knowing
i like knowing that i have a roof over my head every night, i dont like not knowing whether i get  a seat on the train or not, i like knowing that im walking in the right direction (and not being a stereotypical guy and instead ask for directions as soon as i sense that i might not be walking in the right direction)

No comments:

Post a Comment