Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Inside the common room

Sitting at the common room, with a cup of half priced Starbucks frap (they are having a half price promotion! We need this in Singapore too!), surrounded by fellow tourists lazing around playing pool, using the free wifi, reading a book, I finally found myself doing what I thought backpackers do on their travels. Scotland has been amazing! The 3 days spent in the highlands, surrounding myself with food mountains, glens (valleys) and lochs, the scenery is just amazing. Makes one wonder, only God has the ability to create something so wonderful. Although we spent a little too much time in the bus than I like, I get to see the little things, like the thousands of sheep we drove past, with their little ewes in tow and the little rivers that meanders towards the lochs. Edinburgh itself is pretty too, though somehow I don't find it as picturesque as I thought it would be. The castle (I always had a soft spot for castles) is pretty cool too, completed with cannons, prison cells and towers. And I am quite thankful that I chose to come during this weekend, during the queen's diamond jubilee. Even though most of the excitement is in London, edinburgh, being the capital of Scotland had some events that went in too. There was this live viewing of the concert at a palace, whereby they were giving out free flags, crowns and face painting to make the atmosphere even better. It's really a good experience being part of it. My 4 and a half days stint in Scotland is almost up. England here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment